I have a chance to invest in a rebuilding of my local country club. That being said, it's not a big investment. It does have a restaurant and kitchen, and bar. A little background about the CC. It's an 18 hole course, carts, Pro Shop, etc. The dining area seats 50-60, has a pool and patio area. The CC closed a few years back, and as such, the corse needs repair, the clubhouse, dining area, pool will need work to bring the place up to par. The equipment is still good in the kitchen. So a friend of mine 10 years running bars, a family member who has over 25 years as FOH, GM, and cooking experience, and myself cooking. The guy bought the course, clubhouse and all that goes with it. He's wanting people to invest, he's going to hold 51%, with the other 49% open to anyone that wants to invest. Here is my concern if my friend my cousin, and I do decide to invest, we've already let it be known that we want the dining, bar, kitchen, and patio. Each of us are putting in $22,500 and starting a company for said area. The only thing I have an issue with is the investment is open to 50 plus people. They want to have a board of directors with 5 people max that have final say. If you invest you get one vote. I like the idea of having some say, but was putting back for a food truck or opening a proper pub in my area with the three of us. Any input is greatly appreciated. Feel free to play devils advocate too.