To all you Bar B Q Lovers BEWARE

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by chefedb, Sep 29, 2011.

1. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    TYSON FOODS just recalled 136000 pounds of their QUALITY Generic Chopped Meat because  of E-Coli contamination. The fact that it was even distributed says a lot. Families have already reported being made sick. By now it has been all distributed or consummed as it is a recall.

Love that Government inspection and self inspection by packers.

2. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    The recall covers ground beef chubs sold under the Kroger brand, Butcher's Brand, and under a generic label, all carrying a "BEST BEFORE OR FREEZE BY" date of "SEP 12 2011" and the establishment number "245D" printed on the package seams.

18 days after the Sell By date or Freeze by date.........Thanks for the warning, this is how people die........

3. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Again our USDA and FDA at work.   First you die then the traffic light gets put up.

4. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Oh My Gosh ! That is just shocking !!  I don't shop Kroger's but my  Mother does, and she's in that "compromised" group, good to know guys !!  I usually check dates on everything now, since an episode at Safeway and a well expired so called shelf stable product, that by the way made us sick !!