Tiramisu

Joined Dec 9, 2015
I tried making Tiramisu, with Marscapone Cheese, following a recipe I found somewhere online.

The cheese was very difficult to spread and mangled the lady fingers.

I overcame that, by letting it sit out for  a bit, and it softened.

We were not going to have it until the next day. I put it in the Fridge. 

When I served, nobody liked it, primarily, because the cheese was too thick.

How would l go about lightening up the Marscapone, or is there some other cheese I should use for Tiramisu?

Thank you everyone!!

James King

Joined Dec 13, 2005

I tried making Tiramisu, with Marscapone Cheese, following a recipe I found somewhere online.

How would l go about lightening up the Marscapone, or is there some other cheese I should use for Tiramisu?

Thank you everyone!!

James King
KINGOFJAMES:

Good afternoon. Sorry to learn of your baking disappointment James. first I will answer your second question. Many bakers have related to me in the past using "CREAM CHEESE" as a subst.

Actually James, Mascarpone  cheese is very similar to cream cheese but without the "TARTARIC ACID"  Try it with cream cheese as a substitution. If you do not think it is to your liking then make your own "MARSCARPONE CHEESE"  I used to make my own about 10/12, years ago.

Well James, I hope I have helped you today. Good luck & have a HAPPY NEW YEAR as well.

Z~BESTUS.

Joined Sep 28, 2008

Thank you everyone!!

James King

James,

Did you whip the mascarpone cheese? I usually whip my egg yolks and sugar until they are just starting to ribbon, then I add my mascarpone in and whip it until it is softened and doubled. You should be able to spread it this way.

Joined Sep 8, 2015
I fold 1 lb mascapone into 1 1/2 cups cream, whipped with sugar and vanilla

Last edited:
Top Bottom