tips on using my pasta roller?

Joined Oct 16, 2018
I recently purchased a Marcato Atlas 150 pasta roller. I really enjoy it, but have had some aggravating instances in which it feeds the dough in crooked.

It's usually either during the initial roll-out at level 0, or at the 6/7 level. Also, when i have trouble at level 0, i typically end up with very rounded ends of my sheets.

Any tips to get nice square ends, and a straight pass through the roller?

Joined May 5, 2010
You are in control of the dough, not the other way around.
You fold and square off the dough on setting #1 so that that it becomes a rectangle.
It will stay that way throughout the process.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Here's a pro trick to do it quickly and you don't have to worry about squaring off the dough. Join the sheet together like it's a belt. Forearm (or support with your hand) on on end, crank it with the other arm. Gets things done fast. As luck would have it I stopped by a friend's house the other day and made dinner together.

Last edited:
Joined May 5, 2010
I don't get the video at all.
The idea is that you pass the dough through the roller setting #1 a few times to knead and shape the dough, then you pass it through the rollers only once on each setting until you get the thickness you want. What's the purpose of sending a continuous loop through the rollers all set at the same thickness?

Joined Dec 18, 2010
I think the idea is to change the settings as the loop goes through the rollers... not shown in the video.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Yeah, you change the settings and get progressively thinner as you go.

Top Bottom