time differences in uploading

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Sponsor
Joined Oct 5, 2001
That I don't know. I do know that we don't have the same luxuries we had when we were on Huddler/wikia. The xenforo image uploads and galleries are not as robust for sure. Sorry for the trouble.

Joined May 25, 2015
Odd. That thread loads faster than I can scroll for me so I don't think the problem is on the server end. I would say that it's your ISP or a slow connection. The difference in times when you are logged in and not is likely because when you are logged in the pages are encrypted- HTTPS vs HTTP when you are not.

Joined Aug 21, 2004
If it were my ISP or a slow connection, it wouldn't be slower just because I was logged into chetalk. It would be the same speed for logged in or visiting as a guest.

Joined May 25, 2015
Hmmm that's true. It does take more processing for your computer to render a HTTPS page so now I'm wondering about your computer. You are using a computer rather than a phone? 45 seconds is atrocious for loading anything. So my question is do you have problems with other sites and do you have another machine that you can compare this one to?

Joined Aug 21, 2004
Same thing again, once i have accessed an https site, it shouldn't be effected by whether I am logged in or a guest.

Joined May 25, 2015
I don't believe that as a guest you get the HTTPS. Just plain HTTP.

HellaSteph

Staff member
Joined Sep 11, 2012
Why is that when I am logged in and click on this thread https://cheftalk.com/index.php?threads/july-2017-cooking-challenge-vinegar.92577/page-3 it takes 4 minutes and 45 seconds to upload and the image in my post doesn't come up, but when I am not logged in and click on the same thread it uploads in 45 seconds and the image in my post comes up.

Is this still happening for you anywhere else on the site? I'm curious so I can try it. Also, can you let me know what browser you're using? Thanks!

I don't believe that as a guest you get the HTTPS. Just plain HTTP.

As a guest, the site is HTTPS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom