time difference blues

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by bughut, May 3, 2013.

1. bughut

bughut

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I'm enjoying your posts and likewise, I'm enjoying reacting and adding my stuff. 

I am fortunate that i get to be in America every year. This year it will be October. I love being able to be in the same time zone as most of you. No more waiting till morning for an answer to a problem, or seeing how my posts went down, or miss a reaction i would have wanted. It's really great

I do love being a part of Chef Talk. I guess I'll continue to post while you're all in bed or at work and look forward to catching up as usual.

kindest regards to you all

Fi x

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  2. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Ah yes, see you in October.  :)  Well, if you make it to the Central time zone that is.

3. michaelga

michaelga

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    I don't quite get it BH...

I get off work late and generally don't make it onto the computer until everyone here is long long asleep.

It makes me sad...

But those things that I post should be coming up pretty quickly for any early riser located over the atlantic!

Don't you read the morning news!

:p

(forgot to add I'm EST -- for now, will be moving again soon)

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  4. bughut

bughut

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Sure, i check with first cuppa tea in the morning. I really look forward to it. it's the chat factor I miss I guess. Sometimes a thread moves quickly if there's a lot of interest.invariably Im away to bed halfway through and when I check in the morning, I can see posts I would have loved to respond to, but the moments passed.
    Such is life... I do have a really late night every now n again which is fun

5. siduri

siduri

Exp:
    At home cook
    Not all!  some of us are here in europe and there are other continents represented here too.  I hope we get a bit more international in time

6. bughut

bughut

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    CT is a great site and we, rest-of the-world, catch up where we can. Its great that we can..

7. bughut

bughut

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Quite so Siduri

8. jessicaskyler83

jessicaskyler83

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    I understand the time zone thing Btdt! Hope you have a good trip to the states!

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  9. dc sunshine

dc sunshine

Exp:
    Other
    Oh you guys think time differences are awkward - try it from here! I'm anywhere from 9 to 13 hours ahead...and usually the only member here. "Waaaaah!!" as Lucille Ball would say :p

Hey, I wonder if that means I can see things before they happen...hmmm naaah.

10. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Just be glad you're not an astronaut!