Chef Forum banner

Tim Love Copper Clad Cookware

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  xeta 
#1 ·
Hello! Just wanted to share an 18/10 stainless steel cookware set I picked up on ebay. New in box dated 2005. I'd never heard of this brand/Chef before and couldn't find any info on online. Even contacted Tim Love's restaurant and they could not offer any information. A bit quirky in design with long weird shaped stay cool handles. They have a rim exposed 2mm copper core disc and are quite heavy and solid. My only complaint would be they are wide mouth, low rise pans. Still, they are my new favorite cookware set! If you can find them, well worth the purchase.

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, for around $100, you can't really go wrong. I'm not 100% convinced that 2mm disc is solid copper though. Even if its aluminum wrapped in copper or even if the disc is 100% aluminum, you would still pay several hundred dollars more for multi ply, clad cookware.

Not a band find at all. Good for you! :)

#6 ·
Tim Love is out of Texas, a steakhouse kind of guy. He was in a season of Top Chef Masters, I liked him. In one episode he puts a bunch of produce in what he thought was a fridge, but was a freezer. It was the episode where he, along with Hubert Keller and a couple of other top chefs were challenged to cook a meal in a college dorm room using a hot plate, a microwave and a toaster oven. One of my favorite episodes.

mjb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.