Thoughtful commiseration

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by Grooked, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Grooked

Grooked

Exp:
    Hello to all my underpaid, overworked brothers and sisters who stand on concrete floors and develop carpal tunnel and knife callouses while either barking orders or being barked at! To those who make the dishes that make the wait staff $500 a night but never get a tip out! To those who work hurt or in pain because the owner doesn't offer benefits! To those who work at night and rarely see their loved ones and never get paid vacations! Salute!
    I look forward to commiseration and thoughtful discussion!

Awesome Chef likes this.
  2. sgmchef

sgmchef

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Welcome to CT Grooked!

The wait staff tip thing hit home more than the other issues. It gave me a reflective chuckle, indeed! They just can't resist walking into the kitchen flashing some hundreds because of "How good I was at serving your food!"... Too funny, NOW... (A lot less funny when it was happening)

Again, Welcome!

Grooked likes this.
  3. peachcreek

peachcreek

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    The hours might be long? The conditions brutal? But at least we don't get paid very much!
    Welcome to Chef Talk.

Grooked likes this.
  4. Grooked

Grooked

Exp:
    Sadly, I'm still in the kitchen serving those meals while the wait staff flaunts their tips. If only I wasn't such a bitter, angry, people hater. I'd be the one out there serving some other underpaid jackasses dishes and making at least 3 times the money!