Thought I'd share.

Joined Oct 15, 2000
Tonight I made pan seared salmon with a chile powder (high quality) crust and served it with a cantalope, lime and sage salsa over cous-cous. A few stalks of asparagus on the side. Sold well and was delicious if I do say so myself.

Joined Aug 11, 2000
Interesting combo...cantolope and sage....any other additions besides limes?
I love that sweet, hot sour earthy fishy thing..
basmati rice would go well with it too....

A couple years ago I paired basil with pinapple went really well together...go figure. Not my idea, Sarah Mouton came to town adn I prepped her shtuff and that was one of them.

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Sounds good mofo1
What type of sage did you use?
There is pineapple sage that is very delicate.

Maybe try it with cilentro one time. I do melon salsas this time of year to with seafood and make a orange vinaigrette to compliment it.
cc

Joined Oct 15, 2000
Shroom, Just some zest to go with the juice, a few grinds of pepper and some kosher salt. Very clean flavors. My first choice of starch was basmati rice, but I didn't have time to make it. Brilliant minds think alike. Cape, just regular ol' silver leaf from my garden. I love pineapple sage, but for some reason mine did not come back. Yes, I like it with cilantro, but did not have any fresh. I've also made it with fresh mint, oregano and lemon. I love the fresh clean flavors and scents of summer.

Top Bottom