this sounds interesting

Joined Apr 30, 2001
That sounds really interesting - who would have thought of that combination? You find some of the most interesting recipes, coolJ.

Joined Oct 6, 2001
Cranberry Salsa is pretty popular in Texas at this time of year -- pretty good if there's enough sugar to combat the tartness of the berries.

Neat served over a simple poached fish, grilled chicken, grilled sweet potatoes...

At the salsa bar yesterday...

greek (kalamata, feta, cukes with the standard ingredients)
watermelon -- seems to be a popular recurring item...
roasted corn
pineapple
various roasted salsas
pico de gallo
tomatillo
3 levels of "standard" salsas
cilantro pesto
southwest pesto
ancho pesto
standard pesto

Joined Oct 6, 2001
Cranberry Salsa is pretty popular in Texas at this time of year -- pretty good if there's enough sugar to combat the tartness of the berries. Some people use the whole jellied cranberries as a base then start adding-

Neat served over a simple poached fish, grilled chicken, grilled sweet potatoes...

At the salsa bar yesterday...

greek (kalamata, feta, cukes with the standard ingredients)
watermelon -- seems to be a popular recurring item...
roasted corn
pineapple
various roasted salsas
pico de gallo
tomatillo
3 levels of "standard" salsas
cilantro pesto
southwest pesto
ancho pesto
standard pesto

Joined Dec 12, 2000
Actually, Lynne the first thing I thought of when I read this recipe was how well it would go with a nice piece of white fish or a grilled turkey breast.

Joined Jan 1, 2001
Sounds pretty tart, but good. I'd like to try it, although I'd probably add a little sugar to the mix just to give the "sour" taste buds some relief. It probably would be very good on a brined and smoked turkey, too.

Joined May 26, 2001
This is a recipe I got off the radio in 1994. It's from Madhur Jaffrey, and was on Vertamae Grovesnor's show Seasonings. It goes well with turkey, chicken, or pork. It's especially good as a spread on post-Thanksgiving sandwiches, with or without mayonnaise mixed in:

Garlicky Cranberry Chutney

1 cube fresh ginger (about 1-inch), peeled and julienned
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
4 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon cayenne, ground
1 can Jellied Cranberry Sauce *

Combine ginger, garlic, vinegar, sugar, and cayenne in a non-reactive pot. Simmer 15 minutes. Add cranberry sauce and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Pour into a clean jar and store in refrigerator. This keeps very well.

* I always use Whole Berry cranberry sauce, and sometimes add extra dried cranberries. Everyone I've served it to loves it!:lips:

Latest posts

Top Bottom