This is so cool! I found my people!

Joined Nov 19, 2001
Thanks to whomever created this site. I have sorted through dozens of "Betty Crocker" cooking sites and this one seems to have attracted the best there is.

I am an Internet executive that would love to be a professional chef some day. As soon as I graduated high school, I started my business and would trade everything to be a dishwasher in a quality restauarant.

It's suprising how close computer programming and technology is to cooking.

Thanks!

SlappyMaster

Joined Apr 30, 2001
Welcome to ChefTalk Slappy - just a bunch of foodies hanging out! Seriously, there are so many wonderful folks here - I learn something everyday.

And, Mr. Internet Executive, hire this computer geek wannabe and I will talk food to you all day! ;)

Joined Nov 19, 2001
CHEF SLAPPY ; Ithink that if I knew then what I know now I would have chosen to be a computer geek Being in the rest./ food industry is not all cakes and sweets it can really take a toll on your personal life and if your not careful it can do lots of damage trust me Ive been in the industry 27 yrs. But its what I know and I kick *** at it !Look foward to talkin to you though
THE MAC:cool: :cool:

Joined Nov 6, 2001
I am brand new also but here is a very vivid forum with smart and passionate people ready for a good recipe, good laught or for a good fight!!

Stick around.

:)

Joined Mar 13, 2001
Good morning, SlappyMaster, and welcome to Cheftalk. This community is a closely knit one, where professionals and foodies mingle successfully.

Looking forward to your posts :)

Joined Mar 4, 2000
Welcome to Cheftalk, Slappy. We look forward to more conversations with you. We don't fight here, really, but the rest is definitely true!!

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Welcome Slappy!

If you like to talk about food you are in the right place. This is indeed an amzing place.

Joined Nov 19, 2001
HI MELINA I'm new to this sight too! But its great to find my people Got lots of stories some war stories from the back of the house (kitchen)!And different recipes Also looking foward to hearing and seeing some YOU PEOPLE ROCK!:lips:

Joined May 11, 2001
Welcome to ChefTalk SlappyMaster and John.

I work in the IT field like Slappy and I do get almost the same sort of rush from programming as I do with cooking and baking. I get a little more satisfaction in my kitchen than I do at work though. I'm on ChefTalk mostly when I'm supposed to be working.. does that say anything about how much I "love" my work? However, I don't think I'll be switching careers anytime soon. Food industry jobs look like far too much work for not enough money. My current job at least lets me afford to buy my culinary gadgets and to spend hours experimenting in my kitchen. When I get stressed, I head for my kitchen. What would I do if I was working in a kitchen? Head for my computer and start programming?

Joined Aug 14, 2000
Greetings and welcome to NickoLand :) I too work in IT but I'm the infamous and dreaded "User". I can't write a lick of code:) The great thing about ChefTalk is the peaceful coexistence of Pro and Am.

Joined May 1, 2001
Welcome to ChefTalk. I've been in the computer geek business now for over 30 years, and I appreciate the desire to change careers. There have been days when a job collecting garbage looked attractive!

I love to go home after a bad day and hack a chicken into pieces while imagining it's my "favorite" customer.:mad:

Joined Nov 19, 2001
For years when I was Growing upafter the holidays it was always Dads turkey soup and sands. in our bag lunchs then I stumbled on indvidual turkey turnovers these things are the bomb and can be frozen and many differant items can be added inside, anyone interested:cool:

Joined Nov 19, 2001
I love grilled anything.. Hence, then name "Slappy".. I just love it when I slap down a piece of meat on a grill and it hisses and smokes, or when I lite up a saute' pan full of sauce with Cognac. I love the reactions of my guests that borders on ecstasy while they are eating. And finally, I love to eat.. I'm about 60 lbs. overweight and love food. I'm now trying every version of Kebab or grilled meat I can find. My favorite so far is Egyptia Kofta Kebab and Schawarma.

Top Bottom