third party email\diets

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by sci_fireader, Jun 25, 2002.

1. sci_fireader

sci_fireader

WHYYYYY??? i have tried and tried to make gravy from roast beef/pork chops/chicken...NEEEEEEVER turns out the way mom made it...always jellied over night(mom's never jellied)....i suppose there is a barrier that prevents children from copying the way mothers use to cook...children have to learn all by themselves.....waaaaaaaa.......

i have used the drippings from pork chops..turkey...chicken...roast beef....i would add flour and more flour and more flour...and it still did not turn out right....then i would TRY and melt butter and add a little bit of flour or baking powder to the butter to get a rue and then i would add the drippings....
    NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY IT NEVER COMES OUT LIKE THE WAY MOM WOULD MAKE GRAVY....what is there a barrier that says "CHILDREN HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE GRAVY THEIR WAY AN NOT MOM'S WAY? SO DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT COPY MOM'S RECIPE FOR GRAVY!!!"

I HATE YOU ALL.....WHY??? BECAUSE YOU CAN MAKE GRAVY AND I CAN'T......this is suppose to be a joke and if ya can't take a joke then it be your problem not mine....

yeah i am frustated and *^%$# mad...guess i am gonna have to learn my own technique for making gravy....

2. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    And your point?

3. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    :confused:

4. kylew

kylew

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Well I'm certainly glad he cleared that up:eek:

5. kokopuffs

kokopuffs

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Sci FI:

Please describe the recipe and technique used for making your gravey.

6. sci_fireader

sci_fireader

:mad:

7. kimmie

kimmie

First, calm down;

Second, Click here read and practice!

And keep us posted with your results :lips:

8. sci_fireader

sci_fireader

I DID IT......i made gravy....turned out just right....did not jellied....used milk and flour.....now to do some further experimenting with the gravy....i MIGHT be on a roll now....after i made the gravy the grease started to form a crust and i skimmed it off and then put the rest in the frig and skimmed some more grease off and today for lunch i thought i might end up throwing it out...HOOOORAY! ! ! ! !:bounce: