The Trend of Tapa's ..

Joined Aug 16, 2004
Tapa's has really taken off in England ..especially here in Liverpool is this the case around the USA?There seems to be a new Tapas bar opening up every couple of week's my restaurant is 3 years old and as busier as ever ..is the bubble about to burst?

Joined Nov 17, 2002
This is an interesting question...

My personal idea on the trend is that not only of tapas but of the general idea of small plates...

Several years ago I was a chef in Greenville, SC, and we were the first place in town that did small plates and it was amazing the kind of response that we had to them.

Subjectively, I think that todays consumers are enjoying the relaxed atmoshphere that is allowing them a variety for the same amount of money that they would generally spend on a 3-4 course meal.

For us that like to push the envelope with creativity, fusions or what have you it was a perfect marketing vehicle for us to have some added fun with our art while allowing our clientele to have the opportunity at a vast variety for a decent price.

Just my thoughts...

Are they going to go away or explode, my guess would be that they are going to explode...

Cheffy

Top Bottom