The Top 50

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by cape chef, Aug 30, 2004.

1. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
  2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I think Tru Restaurant in Chicago is up there. I've been told it's better than Charlie Trotter's. Not having enough experience with $300 meals, I really can't say. I'm sure those on the list are superb. Maybe it's a bit like naming the most beautiful person or the most beautiful landscape....

3. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    A lot of great places!!! Though I was disappointed (not surprised, but disappointed) that my #1 restaurant was not up there. Gary Danko, in San Fransico. I also noticed a lot of places, on the list, that are doing the "new" thing in food- creating dishes that really stretch the boundries of what we think of as food. Places such a El Bulli, The Fat Duck, etc. I haven't decided how I feel about restaurants such as these. Not sure I really like the idea of having to be given instructions on how to eat a dish.

4. chefmikesworld

chefmikesworld

This was pretty interesting...

For being one that is always in search of the next coolest thing as far as products, flavors and textures I always try to check out what Keller and Farran are doing...there are so many people that literally push the envelope in our insane business, it is cool to see some of the off-the-wall stuff that some of the best in the business are doing, then I don't feel so outrageous, it is humbling to know that no matter what I am just a fly in a jungle...

As far as the article, I enjoyed it and enjoyed checking out some of the establishments/chefs that I have never heard of...it kept me busy (not to mention entertained) for a couple hours...

As far as Tru...I think they are one of the best, but I also love Trotter's ideas and of course, Chef Keller's...is a crazy world and I am glad I live in it...

Cheffy