The simplest thing.

Joined Sep 21, 2001

People ask me what my favorite dish or meal is. I always say the same thing.

'I have never gotten over good bread with butter.'

From today, I made a loaf of a country style white. Handmade butter from a local farm stand.

Joined Jun 27, 2012
Making my tummy rumble Peachcreek!

I can have a huge buffet at my fingertips and my first choice is always a hunk of a baguette ... a generous serving of butter....and a few slices of whatever roast is being carved.

If the roast rocks my boat then I will repeat (maybe adding a few pickles/raw veggies) until almost full.

Then I head straight for the dessert table for a few sample size servings of something sinful.

This irritates the heck out of the fisherman as he won't embrace the notion of how expensive good butter and meat can be.

Not to mention a couple of desserts made with premium chocolate and cream and MORE butter.

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/licklips.gif

mimi

Joined Apr 3, 2008
I'm salivating over that!  More butter more better.  I do like to drizzle my butter/honey with just a tiny bit of honey and sprinkle it with chunky sea salt.  So satisfying.

Joined Sep 21, 2001
If the bread and butter are good the rest of the meal can suck and I might not really notice. I'll nibble around the edges and fill up on the bread.

Joined Apr 3, 2008

If the bread and butter are good the rest of the meal can suck and I might not really notice. I'll nibble around the edges and fill up on the bread.
This happens to me at Union Oyster House in Boston.  I can go in and make a complete meal out of the cornbread alone.

Joined Apr 4, 2017
One of my favorites is the pain perdu or french toast :) when I was still in school, my mom used to make these for me almost every day and I never got tired of them! 

Actually had one this morning [emoji]9829[/emoji]

Joined Sep 21, 2001
Sure. Here is the recipe.

I started by thinking of ways to modify a flour-less chocolate cake recipe into something chewier and more brownie-like. It turned out great for a first try. I named it what I did because in my opinion it has almost a truffle-like texture to it.  Its chewy, but it disappears in your mouth.

Chocolate Truffle Brownie

4 eggs

1 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

3/4 cup butter

3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels

2 Tb cocoa powder

1 tsp salt

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour.

Melt chocolate, butter and cocoa powder over double boiler till melted and blended together. Sift salt and flour together, set aside. Beat eggs with sugar, add vanilla; beat till lightly foamy. Slowly add the warm chocolate to the egg/sugar mixture while beating constantly. Fold in sifted flour/salt. Bake at 350F. I used a 13x9 pan sprayed with cooking spray, baked for 22 minutes.

For the icing:

1/2 cup Half & Half

1/4 cup butter

1 cup powdered sugar

3/4 cup semi sweet morsels

Heat half & half with butter and sugar till mixture begins to simmer, remove from heat, add chocolate, stirring to incorporate as it melts

Pour light layer over cooled brownies.

Feel free to test this recipe- it may need some modifying.

Thanks,

Peachcreek.

Joined Apr 4, 2017

Sure. Here is the recipe.

I started by thinking of ways to modify a flour-less chocolate cake recipe into something chewier and more brownie-like. It turned out great for a first try. I named it what I did because in my opinion it has almost a truffle-like texture to it.  Its chewy, but it disappears in your mouth.

Chocolate Truffle Brownie

4 eggs

1 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

3/4 cup butter

3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels

2 Tb cocoa powder

1 tsp salt

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour.

Melt chocolate, butter and cocoa powder over double boiler till melted and blended together. Sift salt and flour together, set aside. Beat eggs with sugar, add vanilla; beat till lightly foamy. Slowly add the warm chocolate to the egg/sugar mixture while beating constantly. Fold in sifted flour/salt. Bake at 350F. I used a 13x9 pan sprayed with cooking spray, baked for 22 minutes.

For the icing:

1/2 cup Half & Half

1/4 cup butter

1 cup powdered sugar

3/4 cup semi sweet morsels

Heat half & half with butter and sugar till mixture begins to simmer, remove from heat, add chocolate, stirring to incorporate as it melts

Pour light layer over cooled brownies.

Feel free to test this recipe- it may need some modifying.

Thanks,

Peachcreek.
Thank you so much for sharing this! I'll definitely try making those myself to see how they'll turn out /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Top Bottom