The right to "RANT"

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by cape chef, Nov 20, 2001.

1. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    With all the "Ranting"going on here these days I thought that the idea of a colleague of ours was a good one. This is the "offical"ranting thread.

For me,My day was really crappy,

Everyone wanted everything from me all at the same time with no regard for what I was dealing with,Clients wanted menu ideas for April,staff wanted to know how come there checks were not in today as the human resourse director snuck out the back door.
    ETC,ETC,ETC
    :mad:

So when you want to rank...come over here and blow off some steam :)
    cc

2. anneke

anneke

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey, this really works!

ok, not quite a rant; is a primal screem acceptable too?

CC, I'm sorry you had a crappy day. So everyone wants a piece of you. Just imagine if they didn't? You'd probably be bored....

[​IMG]

3. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Primal scream works for me too.
    Those god darn little pencil pushing,holyer than thou,suit wearing,pin toed,big nosed,ego driven,4 wheeling,plastic coated,sudo supporters, AAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggg.

I sayOFF WITH THERE HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god I don't have a temper:eek:
    cc

4. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks for sharing Afra..

I appreciate it
    cc

5. pastachef

pastachef

Gosh, CC, that sounds like the sorority house a lot of the time. :D
    Nice thread!

6. chefboy2160

chefboy2160

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Hey folks happy holidays and great rants , CC yours is truly refreshing on how feelings can run sometimes in the back of the house . Yes everybody does know our jobs better than we do
    and we should be able to preform miracles at will . Human resources is another word for a wallflower from what I have seen of most of them . All I know is when I was a younger chef I used the walk in as my verbal warning box and as my personal outlet for frustration . In deep space ( and the walk inn ) no one can hear you scream . Remember that we have some of the toughest jobs emotionally that there is . Everybody we come in contact with wants somthing from us , especially our employees . I remember when I was a little younger one of my responses was
    " you know they actually pay me to run this kitchen and cook food" Do not despair for you have stayed the course to long to let an off day hurt you . Remember that we are the backbone of this industry and in the famouse words of Mick Jagger Hey Hey you you get off of my cloud . Talk the talk and walk the walk , who can stay our destiny?

7. athenaeus

athenaeus

Exp:
    At home cook
    Wierd thread.

Older people would say that the ultimate cure for such situations is to go visit a hospital or a jail or a court of Law and have a look of what "Bad situations" really mean...

But what about a good healthy shout at those that make you angry? I mean really loud. Example : Shout in NYC and being heard in Montreal :D

8. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Okay, I admit it, I get serious road rage.

Yesterday I hit an hour of traffic on the highway. WHY? Because people had to look at an accident on the side of the road. Why are people so nosey? They shouldn't stop if they're not able to help.

And what's with these jerks in the left lane who either don't look in their rear view mirrors, or don't care that someone's trying to pass? You'd definitely think I was a nutcase if you heard what goes on in my car when I'm upset.:mad: :)

9. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Thanks CC, I feel much better...

10. w.debord

w.debord

Well this is where I belong, I've always got a 'rant' brewing (I guess that's not a secret anymore, ha!). Craziness and demanding situations don't make me rant. NOT BEING ABLE TO FIGURE OUT "WHY", does. Wanting to help but not being able to help DOES also.

WHY owners don't care about anything but their bottom line?
    Why they don't see their staff as something that can dramaticly help their bottom line?
    Why they dictate to their people and never consider dialoging?
    Why most places are threatened by the words, staff meeting?
    Why don't they want imput from the staff that sees the issues and might have creative answers to help with problems?
    Why they hire managers at all, then they tie their hands?
    Why not hire a secretary instead?
    Why they set limits and allow everyone to break them?

Why a 50 hour work is NESSASARY?
    Why more one more person on staff wouldn't be a better solution that working who they have to death?

11. isa

isa

I read your posts complaining about your jobs or jobs in general and think aren't you all lucky to have job problems. I would trade place with any of you in a second.

Life is a funny thing, often you want what you can not have anymore. You never know how much you appreciate certain things until you loose them.

12. kimmie

kimmie

Such a wise comment, Isabelle...food for thought!

13. kimmie

kimmie

Oh James, dear James,

Are you sure you don't prefer LAING !! :lol: :lol:

14. w.debord

w.debord

Is the need to rant a female experience? I wonder....in my little life I notice the men around me seem to be better at verbalizing their 'compliants/non agreements' through out their day. Could some of us females be too polite to say what were thinking? So we build into rants? NO, I'm not that polite..........hum.....

Or is it the perfectionist who rants the most?

Actually I think I do it so much here because their isn't anywhere else to do it. It's not approprieate at work. My freinds don't 'get it' and you folks do. Best of all, you can get insightful feed back from insiders here.

Come on Freud....

P.S. Say what James? Also, do you mean a good dirty ***? Or a good dirty ****? Big difference, ha!

15. angrychef

angrychef

I have to RANT about the sales managers that think I can pull a chocolate wrapped cake out of my but-t last minute in the middle of Thanksgiving rush--about not seeing the sun the last 4 days and feeling like a vampire this afternoon --about having Carl's Jr. as our Thanksgiving dinner since I was too tired to cook(Okay, it was either that or canned soup).
    Thank god I have my kung-fu classes ---good vehicle for my aggression and my sparring partner loves it when I get rough!;)

16. nancya

nancya

Oh, James....you're not really Freudian, are you???

I am so disappointed.

sigh.

17. cj

cj

Gee, Anygrychef, if you DID pull a cake out of your rear, you could tell the sales managers it was chocolate... :eek:

18. athenaeus

athenaeus

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hey Bond this is a thread for rant and not a poetry board.

:)

19. jim berman

jim berman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    My rant....

"I work for Dilbert"

'nuff said.

20. isa

isa

You have my deepest sympathy Jim. If there is one comic strip I can not stand it's Dilbert. Working with a real one must indeed be **** on earth.