The new "Normal" for us all....

Joined Sep 17, 2018
You mean handouts like your president has done?

Trump administration gave a $12 billion bailout for farmers impacted by the response from the tariffs that Trump has repeatedly said "china will pay"....and they do not. The USDA announced another $16 billion in trade-related aid to farmers. It came on top of the previous $12 billion package, for a grand total of $28 billion in two years.

28 Billion in handouts.....courtesy of the administration.
I'd rather it go to farmers producing our food than illegals and leeches clogging our health care, education and benefits systems.

When you state "your president" I am assuming you do not care for Trump that much so I am just wondering if you approved of President Obama giving bailouts to the auto industry, banks and housing markets?

Joined May 25, 2015
You mean handouts like your president has done?

Trump administration gave a $12 billion bailout for farmers impacted by the response from the tariffs that Trump has repeatedly said "china will pay"....and they do not. The USDA announced another $16 billion in trade-related aid to farmers. It came on top of the previous $12 billion package, for a grand total of $28 billion in two years.

28 Billion in handouts.....courtesy of the administration.
Just a question that I don't off hand know the answer to. How much aid and trade related dollars do we give to China? I don't think it even comes close to the bailouts and aid we give to our own people. Want to make them pay? Use the money at home instead of giving it to them.

Joined Aug 21, 2004
The people in the system have purposefully made the system difficult to change.
Who puts the people in the system? Can the people in the system be changed for different people? If I have an employee that is under performing do I keep scheduling them (re-electing) them or do I fire them. If a hiring agency keeps sending me poor candidates as replacement possibilities for an under performing employee do I just say oh well, sit on my hands, complain, and accept my fate; and hire one of their candidates because that is all there is? What can one person do, right? Wrong! It has to start somewhere.

Joined Sep 17, 2018
Who puts the people in the system? Can the people in the system be changed for different people? If I have an employee that is under performing do I keep scheduling them (re-electing) them or do I fire them. If a hiring agency keeps sending me poor candidates as replacement possibilities for an under performing employee do I just say oh well, sit on my hands, complain, and accept my fate; and hire one of their candidates because that is all there is? What can one person do, right? Wrong! It has to start somewhere.
Depends on if you are in a union or not. ;)
But in all seriousness I'm not saying it can't be done, just the process is rigged against us. I am active in local politics as much as I can be and have tried to vote my governor out, but the reality is half a dozen districts in and around NYC are the deciding factor for all of NY state. Also a lot of positions do not necessarily allow for easy recall votes, there are specific standards and rules regarding them. In all honesty I do not believe even if it were easy to replace people it would solve anything, there is a fundamental flaw with the system right now and until we find a way to address that it doesn't matter how many times we change the faces.

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
I am thinking it i time to shut this one down guys.

Top Bottom