Chef Forum banner

The Mother's Day Thread, 2016

654 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  rndmchef 
#1 ·
Okay, how did it go? For the few of us left here that actually work holidays still!/img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif Long day, my feet are really sore. The numbers were a little disappointing to me but that's probably because I expected more than is realistic for this town. Still a good day and night. We ran a limited set menu for brunch and our regular menu + some features for dinner with a couple hour break in between.

My main gripe aside from just being a long day is that the Big Four (V-Day, MD, NYE, Easter) always turns out the amateurs; you know the ones, the folks that only eat out a few times per year. Tons and tons of well done steaks, without fail./img/vbsmilies/smilies/mad.gif At least this time I remembered to cut some pretty thin tops./img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif

See less See more
#3 ·
We did a pretty slamming brunch at a winery, for about 250 people. The deli/market (our store front base) also was lines out the door all day long. Couple this with yesterday, typical busy day for the deli/market, plus a food and wine event off site where we churned out paella for 2,000 people over the course of about 4 hours, followed by an offsite prom for 250, then a surprise birthday dinner for 45 guests at the market. Friday was a VIP five course dinner off site for winery execs, and a forget what else, it is all a blur. Yeah, it was a crazy weekend!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.