The great Culinary Couple Smackdown!

Discussion in 'Professional Catering' started by laprise, Feb 19, 2006.

1. laprise

laprise

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    One night I was coming back from a customer's house and I could not believe how much everyone at the dinner were fans of "Iron Chef"

SO, I have come up with a new product for this year "The Great Culinary Couple Smackdown"

The customer will invite a few couples to challenge each other in a Iron Chef style competition in their kitchen...
    Proir to the evening, I will contact each couple to moderate each dishes.

On "D" day, I will help each couple create their dish for everyone to taste. Obviously I will have a fair bit of influence on each dishes, so this will be Iron Chef, meet cooking class, meet dinner party...
    I am the ultimate judge at the end, proclaiming a winning couple and giving them bragging rigths for many months to come...

With my company, I have to keep things fresh to saty ahead of my competition...

Any thoughts??

2. jolly roger

jolly roger Banned

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I have become a reluctant watcher of both Iron Chef and Iron Chef America and have come to enjoy it as though it were a sporting event, finding myself talking (sometimes yelling) at the television. I think you have a fresh idea that your clients will have fun with. You have to inovative. I'm not sure just exactly what culinary direction you have taken, but it sounds fun. I myself am a personal chef and this sounds like an idea I would entertain if a client of mine wanted to do something like this.

3. capers12@hotmai

[email protected]

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    What a great idea!! It's a perfect esp. during the slow times. It's so hot here iin the summer that I find I have very few events during july and August. It will be interesting to hear how it goes.

4. lamington

lamington

In the UK and AU it's called "Ready, Steady, Cook". It can be quite fun, but depends greatly on the personality of host and chefs. I think the attraction of Laprise's idea is that it uses more skill. In the UK there is/was a show called (I think) "Masterchef" which is actually a serious competition with three very good homecooks competing in each episode towards a grand final. Totally humourless and a touch precious. Laprise's idea sounds like a lot of fun (if the competitors don't sulk and take knives to each other:p )

5. aprilb

aprilb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Ready Steady Cook...I LOVED that when we were living in Australia.

Bad food in Oz, great fun....

April

6. laprise

laprise

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks for your input, I appreciate!:bounce: