The Grazing Table Trend

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
What do you think of this trend? It's basically one big charcuterie board. Personally I am not a fan because you can't refresh it. I prefer trays. By the time 50 people go through it's a mess. Plus I prefer pate and terrine.

Charcuterie Table.jpg

Joined Feb 8, 2009
I think it's fine for small gatherings. For all my buffets, I like to have them in good order for the last person through the line and also for people who return back to it...I like the idea, but on a smaller scale. I would do this for family in the center of a dinner table like an Antipasto approach.........

Joined Aug 22, 2021
What do you think of this trend? It's basically one big charcuterie board. Personally I am not a fan because you can't refresh it. I prefer trays. By the time 50 people go through it's a mess. Plus I prefer pate and terrine.

View attachment 70785
Not a huge fan, and as always there is somebody fingering the food they don't take and you never know where that finger has been. I into hygiene.

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
Because they are. You're still a new member and it helps us control spam and abusive content to review new posters for a short time.

Joined Nov 27, 2012

View attachment 70785
unsanitary and a nightmare to refresh, absolutely.
But very social media friendly and uber popular for caterings(at least in Beijing)
that's basically it I think. Just another social media fueled trend.

Joined May 5, 2010
I used to make these for the hotel Sunday brunch. They were works of art. I also did Chau Froid and aspic displays not to be eaten....

Joined Apr 25, 2017
I have too many years working with the public to think about eating from one of those.

I do get the appeal, they are just not for me.

Top Bottom