The Diamond products I mentioned will be here soon

Discussion in 'Cooking Knife Reviews' started by phaedrus, Nov 14, 2011.

1. phaedrus

phaedrus

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    A while ago I mentioned that I'd been testing a sample of a new diamond abrasive product but I can't remember where, so I thought I'd mention it.  I got mine last year and am really impressed with it. ChefKnivesToGo will soon have the stuff in many sizes and grits.  The stuff I have is 125 grit and really amazing; there'll be one that's even coarser but also as fine as 0.1 micron (yeah, a tenth of a micron!) if you want to take it that high. 

I have no affiliation with the product beyond being fortunate enough to "beta test" it.  But I'll certainly be buying some more!

2. knifesavers

knifesavers

Exp:
    Other
    Any updates? Can you disclose the name?

Jim

3. phaedrus

phaedrus

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    CKtG just got them all in!  They're simply called "diamond sharpening plates" and are available in 2 EP sizes and more standard 3" x 8" mounted to glass.  Here's a link:  http://www.chefknivestogo.com/disapl.html

4. boar_d_laze

boar_d_laze

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Do the plates ever need flattening?

BDL

5. phaedrus

phaedrus

Exp:
    Professional Chef

Nope.  They're mounted to glass or aluminum (depending on the size/purpose) and are quite flat.  I can't say for sure how long they wear but I have one I got a year ago and it's still cutting about as fast as the day I got it.  In that time I've done major rebevels on CM154, CPM-154 & VG-10, as well as a smattering of Germans.  The stuff I have is 125 grit.