The Cooking Channel

Joined Apr 3, 2008
This week the FineLIving Network went off the air and instead introduced The Cooking Channel.  Has anyone checked it out?  I'm glad to see some old friends like Julia Child and The Galloping Gourmet back on air, as well as newer favorites like Jamie at Home, Sara's Secrets, Molto Mario, and Tyler Florence.  I hope they bring back the 2 Fat Ladies and even the Frugal Gourmet (I wish!).

So far I haven't seen Sandra, Rachel, or Paula on the channel and I hope they do stay out. 

Joined Feb 1, 2007
Interesting, KK.

The Food Network has been advertising this new channel for some time. But, based only on the promo trailers they've shown, it struck me as just being more of the same--lot's of rah, rah, by "chefs" filled with self-importance, and more concerned with being entertaining than teaching.

Had no idea it would include all those old shows as well.

Joined Feb 17, 2010
YES i loved the two fat ladies!  old school food network!  ;)

This week the FineLIving Network went off the air and instead introduced The Cooking Channel.  Has anyone checked it out?  I'm glad to see some old friends like Julia Child and The Galloping Gourmet back on air, as well as newer favorites like Jamie at Home, Sara's Secrets, Molto Mario, and Tyler Florence.  I hope they bring back the 2 Fat Ladies and even the Frugal Gourmet (I wish!).

So far I haven't seen Sandra, Rachel, or Paula on the channel and I hope they do stay out. 

Joined Feb 4, 2010
I don't get it. Do professionals REALLY like those shows? I can't image why. I never watch them.

Joined Feb 1, 2007
Gunnar, did you know that 43.8% of people using signature lines change all or part of them 3.2 times a day?

Or am I the only one who noticed? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif

Top Bottom