The cookbook that never existed?

Joined Oct 4, 2021
Hi all!

I have searched everywhere trying to find the name of the cookbook that the attached recipe came from.

I know it was printed before 2006, has more than 307 pages, and if I remember correctly, had a dark cover with maybe a table set or candles.. not 100% sure.

It was a favorite that was lost in a terrible hurricane along with everything else, and because it was used so often it was always open and no one can seem to remember the name. Searching for the book/recipe online hasn’t been successful up until now either (and I have searched everywhere I can think of).

I know trying to find the title is beyond a long shot, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 51B2921D-AE3B-4388-B850-DF6319119B04.jpeg
    51B2921D-AE3B-4388-B850-DF6319119B04.jpeg
    325.1 KB · Views: 15
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Can you provide any more details or pictures? I see the top of the page says "Meat". That says there must be other categories in the book. Do you remember what the other categories were and what the focus of the book was? Was it a regional book or based on a single Chef's work or a particular restaurant? Any other favorite recipes you remember from the book? I can see the cover is tan/brown. The font and layout looks like the 1980s or 90s.

Joined Oct 9, 2008
Looks like an all-purpose: a meat recipe on page 306 suggests a hefty book covering a lot of territory.

Joined Oct 4, 2021
Can you provide any more details or pictures? I see the top of the page says "Meat". That says there must be other categories in the book. Do you remember what the other categories were and what the focus of the book was? Was it a regional book or based on a single Chef's work or a particular restaurant? Any other favorite recipes you remember from the book? I can see the cover is tan/brown. The font and layout looks like the 1980s or 90s.
From what I can remember it was a compilation of different recipes, it was not from a specific restaurant and I don’t remember it being from a famous chef. I definitely agree with the below comment that it is from the 90s, I remember it had more of a gourmet feeling to it with pork, salmon, poultry recipes but the hurricane has seemed to erase some of my memory and nothing else is coming to me right now! :/

Latest posts

Top Bottom