The Chew

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by koukouvagia, Sep 27, 2011.

1. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Did anyone watch the first episode of this yesterday?  I caught tidbits of it and I like it.  It's a daytime foodie talk show hosted by Carla (of Top Chef), Michael Symon, and Mario Batali. http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-chew

2. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I have it on DVR, set for the series, but I haven't had the time yet to sit and watch it.  I am curious to see what it's like.

3. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I watched the episodes that I had on the DVR, I was a little disappointed.  Maybe this show will get better with time.  Mario and Michael seem to ribbing each other, but not in a good natured way.  And Dr. Oz's daughter is there why?  LOVE Miss Carla, they should give her more slots and less to the two guys.  And our little man Clin-in', he needs to loosen up just a touch.

4. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Yea it's a bit hyped and too many commercial breaks.  A few too many players for my taste.  I love Carla more than anyone but she's a bit much, they're all a bit too much, too happy, too excited, even Mario who's usually chill is a bit too hype for me.  They need to relax, stop with the audience clapping so much, and talk about some real culinary issues, not everything needs to be a hoorah!  Here are some topics I'd like covered:

- Heritage meat

- sanitary conditions in the kitchen

- knife skills and other techniques to help the home cook

- food product reviews