The Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by harpua, Jul 1, 2018.

1. maryb

maryb

Exp:
    Semi pro/retired now
  2. harpua

harpua

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    In my experience it gets better as you drink on. It is a strong flavor!

3. scott livesey

scott livesey

Exp:
    At home cook
    so many choices now in North Carolina, since they changed the laws on beer and wine to help the little guys. in the Raleigh area they open 3 or 4 new breweries a year. some interesting choices: Sweet Potato Lager, Dead Nettle Ale, Southern Basil Saison. current favorite is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Sierra Nevada and New Belgium have both opened breweries in the Asheville, NC area in the past 2 years. NC craft brewers group is approaching 100 different brewers.

harpua likes this.
  4. jimyra

jimyra

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I am boring when it comes to beer. I have been drinking plain american beer for a long time. From the .69 a six pack in the seventy's to what it is today. My distributor at one time liked the quantity I drank. They gave me a present for my boat in the 80's. This was a hot day a few years ago.
    goldmine_edited-1.jpg

5. rick alan

rick alan

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I don't remember .69/six, but I do remember it was cheaper than coke back then. Union labor was blamed for driving up the price, yeh right, though certainly there are precedents elsewhere.

Very nice present to get btw

6. scott livesey

scott livesey

Exp:
    At home cook
    i remember when a major brewer wanted to move to Georgia in the mid 1970's. The TV was full of "demon rum" is coming. eventually found out brewery was union and a mop operator was making $12 an hour while senior workers in the non-union cotton mill down the street was making $7. cotton mills are all gone now, the brewery continues to flourish.

7. harpua

harpua

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    CD5886A2-2811-4C3E-8A09-19DB67408DF7.jpeg