The ads that show up here... worry me...

Joined Nov 9, 2020
Happy Friday, folks...

I have to mention this. I bring up the site, and of course get the pop up ads. Except this time, the ads were (1) selling a better designed toilet, (2) improving your toilet experience, and (3) never wipe your butt again... Covering most of the content of the page, which was first a table with candles, and then the one from inside a kichen...

Um... I don't know who we're getting our ad feeds from... maybe someone has an, um, "unusual" sense of humor?

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
That was a bidet ad. I've got that one on YouTube before...

It's not just us.

Joined Oct 31, 2012
I don't mind the ads. They clearly aren't targeted at me. According to the ads I do see on this site and others I am a single mid thirties woman with a huge savings account in need of a new wardrobe and a vacation and some investment advice. And a gamer too apparently.
I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Joined May 30, 2018
the "never wipe your butt again..." cracked me up... I was instantly like "WHAT?! EWWW" ... and yes, it's shocking to see them in a chef forum but it's whatever the server its being paid for to have this forum going, they are the ones that usually just randomly pay for ads and so, these are the ones of the season I guess xD

Joined May 30, 2018
Happy Friday, folks...

I have to mention this. I bring up the site, and of course get the pop up ads. Except this time, the ads were (1) selling a better designed toilet, (2) improving your toilet experience, and (3) never wipe your butt again... Covering most of the content of the page, which was first a table with candles, and then the one from inside a kichen...

Um... I don't know who we're getting our ad feeds from... maybe someone has an, um, "unusual" sense of humor?

WTH!!! hahahahah I had to click on the "never wipe your butt again" and I was expecting something very different from what I got..... it made my laugh hard xD

But then I started to notice that on pop-up ad is about bathroom air freshener so I was like "wait what... so this site is related to toilet stuff?"

Joined Oct 10, 2005
Ah.... the ads..... I gotta say,
IF I didn’t get so many pop ups,
and IF the screen wouldn’t jump about every 2 seconds
I woulda/shoulda/coulda posted more. This has become more apparent in the last year or so then in the 10 or so years that I did post on an almost daily basis.

This site is all about content.
The content generates the traffic, the traffic generates the advertising.
There's a wealth of information here.
All of the content is provided free, by us posters
I don’t know about you, but I never got so much as a coffee mug from all the content I’ve provided since the early 2000’s
Thoughts?

Top Bottom