That Bad Bad Day

Discussion in 'General Culinary School Discussions' started by r6zack, Oct 1, 2012.

1. r6zack

r6zack

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    I figure at least some of us, every once in a while just have that day that seems upside down. Forget a prep item, spill something in the walk in, drop a desert, bla bla bla...

I'm kind of curious to what some of your best mess ups where, and how you handled it.

For me personally I was making our bourbon blue cheese dressing one day, and my mind told me that I was making our benedictine ranch, and I put ranch seasoning in it. I laughed, told the chef, then stopped laughing once he got mad (our chef hates tossing anything, our food costs are tremendous.) The same night I spilled about a gallon of fresh made bbq sauce in the walk in, and went through it all over again.  I fixed it by spending about 40 minutes on the heavy bag that night at the gym, the next day was flawless.

2. petalsandcoco

petalsandcoco

Exp:
    Private Chef
    This happened at home (thank goodness) and not at work, I was rearranging the freezer, took a turkey out, put it on a box.......

Three days later I went back to the freezer...there was the turkey....still on the box......

Another time ( few months back )  I strained my 2 gallons of stock, forgot to put a pot under the strainer...........

Everyone has a bad day....when it says broil, never walk away, even for a second. That is my confession.

Petals.