Thanksgiving: The Count

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by phatch, Nov 25, 2010.

1. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    So far

3 batches through the dishwasher; a fourth is looming.

5 hand cleanings of the food processor to keep up with pies, dips, rolls, a pureed squash soup. Still a shrimp boil paste to grind in it.

1 pound of butter between pie, dressing, rolls, probably close to another pound tomorrow.

Most of the tedious work is done.

2. kcz

kcz

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I'm on the 4th DW load today.

I've also used 2 dozen eggs and a LOT of sugar.  Does anybody else think the cranberries are especially tart this year?

But at least the refrigerator is full of food instead of ingredients.  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/licklips.gif

3. teamfat

teamfat

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    We were late with the invitations, most of the usual suspects have other plans, so we ended up with only three folks on the guest list this year. This could be the most relaxed Thanksgiving we've had in some time.

mjb.

4. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    8 onions

5 lemons

2 more batches of dishes through the dishwasher

8 apples for pie

two dozen eggs, some boiled, some for creme brulee that came out of the oven a bit ago

I was given a last minute thawed turkey so I've got that on in the oven going right now even though that's not the main event. Most of it will get used for turkey tamales and frozen. But it will add to the batch of turkey stock nicely.

5. cyberdoc

cyberdoc

Exp:
    Home Chef
    I've lostcount.  Can you say Pompeii after Vesuvius?