Thank you everyone!

Joined Jan 3, 2013
I appreciate the concern for my wife and her recovery. I know the doctors do this everyday but everyone is different and it scares me a little!

Joined Jun 27, 2012
They do this every day but not every day to your wife.

Be as scared as you need to be.

Don't know how long this path will be...but you will find yourself drawn to one or more of your wife's nurses.

She will make you fresh coffee and show you the best spots to go to cry.

She will answer your questions and sooth your nerves.

She will never lie to you.

She will forgive you when the emotions build up to the point that you need to lash out and she happens to be the first person who comes along.

She has been there done that but comes back for more because this is how she is hardwired.

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

mimi

Last edited:
Joined Apr 3, 2008
Sorry to hear about health concerns. I don't know what's happening but I can imagine it is a scary time. All the best for a speedy recovery!

Joined Jan 3, 2013
Just an update my wife's surgery went well & the Dr. said it seemed to be contained​ to the one kidney. Unfortunately, the test results were malignant, there will be check-ups for 5 years. If no cancer during that time period, she will be cleared.

Joined Jun 27, 2012

Just an update my wife's surgery went well & the Dr. said it seemed to be contained​ to the one kidney. Unfortunately, the test results were malignant, there will be check-ups for 5 years. If no cancer during that time period, she will be cleared.
Awesome news to carry into 2017...

So no follow up treatments?

mimi

Joined Dec 18, 2010
Glad to read this news. Continued thoughts and prayers for a swift recovery! These kind of things can be quite emotional even when the news is good.

Joined Jan 3, 2013
Sorry flipflopgirl, yes she will have follow-ups every 6 months until 5 years are up and hopefully be cleared after that.

Top Bottom