Thank you all

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by leeniek, Feb 17, 2011.

1. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    This forum and each and every person here has helped me to become who I am today and I appreciate everything I have learned here and I know I come across as whiny (or worse, I'll leave that to your imagination LOL)  at times but I am just using the site for information and I have all of you to thank for today.

I think I have finally earned my chops in the eyes of the owner and the FOH supervisor had to eat her hat and also add kudos.  It was for last weekend and today I think was the first day had had to talk to me since then.

Last weekend was freaking rough.. the KM blew out his back so he was out sick ,and that left me with a kitchen of six not so bad though.. I had two on fruits (one was to float between fruit and eggs) but I was able with the meat guy to run eggs and board smoothly so the two of them did fruits then I sent one home.  That as a big saving on labour as was noted by the owner.  The flow was good.. it all came in at once, all went out at once and was shared evenly over the kitchen.

Sunday was not as smooth as it came in waves and each station got killed wave by wave.  I was also not feeling so great as I have been battling a cold and losing my voice so I chose to cook as I knew I could not call orders. Top it all off we have two new weekend dishwashers and when our orders died down I took off my jacket and set about doing some dishwasher training.  The owner was thankful I did that but at the same time not pleased as he is paying me to run the kitchen not do dishes.   Saturday will tell if those dishwashers  heeded any of my words and learned anything by my taking over the dishpit.  

We have an excellent team and I cannot take sole credit for the weekend and I made sure I told the owner that each and every person did 200% as well and I appreciate every single one of them.  

It meant so much for me to hear the owner's appreciation of my work and it has gone a long way to in building my own confidence in what I do and where I have chosen to work.  

Thank you all for being part of the journey!!! 

2. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    so the other shoe dropped....your welcome/img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif keep it up/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

3. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks Gunnar and apparently it has.   Of course I will keep it up... I'm the best after all aren't I?  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif   (yeah I know, there's no ego here.. LOL)