Provimi veal glace

Frozen puff pastry sheets

Perfect Puree

Bag eggs

Frozen cookie dough

LCR

Kuan :)

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Kuan, I read too quickly and thought you said "bad eggs". :eek: LCR is....?

For me:

Dried porcini mushrooms
Garlic in a jar
Frozen phyllo
Readily-available baby salad greens

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Ever go to a buffet and see the salad mix mezz?

L for iceberg lettuce
C for shredded carrots
R for red cabbage

:)

Kuan

Joined Jul 23, 2002
Yeah!
I read that as "bad eggs" as well.
lol, too funny!

Depending on the purveyor I thank god or curse god for frozen phyllo.;)

Joined Nov 20, 2000
My wife and son!
(Sorry, I'm such a suck-up:D )

Chocolate
Candlelight
Truffles (both kinds)
All those that came before me
Escoffier

And:

PIZZA!

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Having my computer back home!
The internet

Vanilla beans
Creme de marrons
Foie gras
Scones
Pear preserve

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Hey Gilbear, welcome to the Cafe! It's good to see you jumped right in enjoying the forums. Please stop in at the Welcome Forum and introduce yourself.

When you get there, be sure to tell us what part of Balmer you hail from. :bounce: Love that city! My brother and his family live there.

Joined Sep 19, 2003
Mezzaluna: actually, I've been here for awhile. I used to be Gilbo, but the "Worm That Ate The DMV" also ate me. I have been trying to get up and running for almost a month.
Just for your info, I am in South Baltimore near the Inner Harbor, opposite from Fells Point in Locust Point. I hope that your family wasn't in the path of Isabel. Lots of damage in the city due to flooding.

Joined Jun 18, 2003
PARCHMENT PAPER!!!!
Good wine
sharp knives
my hubby
chocolate
Funny work stories

Okay, Im done. by the way, I thought it said bad eggs also:p
No, Im not. I also have to add my kitties squeek and beegee.;)

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Well then, Gilbear, welcome back!

Whoa, you were not in a good spot to weather out a hurricane, I'll bet. My brother lives out near the beltway (sort of between Towson and Pikesville). They had no damage, but were without power for 4-5 days at least. He works at Mercy and said that some downtown areas were flooded near there, but the hospital was okay.

I hate to think of that lovely Inner Harbor getting whapped by damaging winds and ocean surges. We really enjoy hanging out down there, drinking a good beer on one of the verandas.

Joined Sep 19, 2003
:beer:
Beer Guzzling is a most pleasant Inner Harbor pastime.
It will be Okay before next tourist season. Most of the businesses at the Harbor, and in Fells Point were under water for a while. Lots of cleanup and Inspections to be performed.Huge losses of inventory by contamination or loss of refrigeration due to power outages. Some are just getting power back today, almost a week after the storm.
As our world shrinks to new levels... My brother is a tech in the Cardiac unit at Mercy. His wife is a Nurse there.
I used to help out at the snack bar at Roland Run Swim Club which was on Falls Road where I-83 meets I-695. Near your brother maybe?

Joined Apr 24, 2001
the microwave- it's the only heating element I have at my (pastry) plating station other than the pizza oven (thank God for this, too). The line cooks thank God for this, too.

the ice machine- even though it's choking its last choke. It was the only thing working when the power line got cut and we had to ice everything down.

the scale, metric system and calculator - without which repeatable pastry perfection just isn't possible.

Working atop a fancy schmancy grocery store.

Chopsticks and rubber bands - God's best gifts to humankind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom