Chef Forum banner

Terrines, pâtés, ...

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  foodpump 
#1 ·
hello there, long time lurker, first time poster here.

Over time I've found a lot of good stuff on this forum, but I'm stuck now.
I'm looking for a good book (or something else) dedicated to pâté and terrine and other meaty puddings :).
I know a lot of the books on general charcuterie contain sections on pâté, but I'm looking if there is some sort of 'conclusive' book on the sole subject of terrines etc.?

thanks

#3 ·
I was aware of that list, and I'll probably try some of those;
but I was hoping someone could point me towards the 'good' books, I don't know enough yet about pate to be able to distinguish the good (recipes, instructions, ...) from the bad.

#6 ·
If you want the real classical ones try these 2 books..Library can order for you cause 2nd one is expensive. 1. Guide Culinaire By A Escoffier.  and 2. Modern French Culinary Art by H.P  Pellapratt

. I learned how to do them as well as Gallintines of all types from these 2 works..

The CIA book is more modern. My good friend Fritz Sonnenschmidt  authored this. There was a CIA book prior to his called Book Of Buffets by George K Waldner full of good pictures too you may also find helpful.

#7 ·
Best one I've got is from the '80's, a Teubner book, Called  "Das Grosse Buch Der Pasteten".  I'm sure there is a an englisch translation, as there are so many for the other Teubner books.

isbn3-7742-4212-7

Hope this helps  

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.