Tell us why you don't use the Trading Post

Joined Jul 10, 2011
I never use the Trading Post because of Shipping restrictions. I live in Canada and shipping from the US/EU can get quite expensive, especially if you get nailed for brokerage fees.  I dunno how successfull it would be, but maybe the trading post should have national or regional subsections?

Joined Jan 19, 2012
I am new to this group and when I saw the trading post I was and still am very interested in buying/trading items, please keep it up and running, Thanks John

Joined Jan 19, 2012
I am new to this group and when I saw the trading post I was and still am very interested in buying/trading items, please keep it up and running, Thanks John

Joined Oct 9, 2010
I didn't know about the "Trading Post" till now but I am a cookbook collector anyways, I have no interest in trading just buying more!

Joined Feb 12, 2011
I'm not currently looking to buy or sell anything, used that is. But if I was, I would be on craigslist. There are far more users and the results are local. I don't buy used equipment( or anything else for that matter) without first inspecting it. So if you can't hook me up with someone near by, I won't be interested. I also prefer to avoid shipping charges.

Joined Jan 9, 2008
The what?!

Like many others, I was unaware of its existence.

By the way, being somewhere other than the U.S. doesn't make a trading post useless; you can buy, sell, or trade to others in your country or area.

Joined Dec 16, 2011
I was not aware of this function. Having now looked at it, I would say at this time there doesn't really appear to be anything I'd be interested in buying or trading for. Unless that guy that's trying to sell cars on them really does only want $1!

As for my cookbooks, I have given a few to thrift stores, but judging by the "What's The Most Essential Cookbook" thread, what I gave away is not what Chef Talk readers would want.

Joined Jan 31, 2012
I would like to post an item for sale (commercial crepe maker), but I'm unable to post.  I registered yesterday as a new member ... maybe it takes awhile before I am official.  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Joined Dec 18, 2011
I do not see this in the rules....can I do a "Wanted" post in that forum?

BTW...this site is not difficult to navigate at all. Everything is very easy to find. (Although I like VB a little better)

Joined Dec 26, 2012
I am glad I saw this in Announcements because I didn't know this existed as I am a casual user of the forum.

In an effort to help this forum for the common good I would like to see the state where the item is offered. I wouldn't be interested in an item sold in California if I live in NY. But I would be interested in something sold in New Jersey or Connecticut.

Evan

Joined Aug 13, 2006
I never used it because i always go right to the forums, so i never saw that it existed, and secondly, because it's in the states, and i can't order things from outside the EU without paying exorbitant taxes.  Now what about a european trading post?

Latest posts

Top Bottom