Sword Maker's Guild of Austria Knife

Discussion in 'Cooking Knife Reviews' started by jboaston, Jan 26, 2006.

1. jboaston

jboaston

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hey guys, I'm new here and I had a qestion about a knife that I inherited from my Grandma.

It is a complete stainless steel knife, no wooden or plastic handel, just straight metal. I think it is 10 inches, it is in a custom wooden box with a seal on the outside that says "Sword Maker's Guild of Austria." Does anyone know anything about this?

I know that my grandma never used it and it was in her kitchen drawer for the last 20 years at least.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this knife. It's really nice and holds a great edge. The balance is perfect.

Jesse

2. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
  3. brend

brend

Exp:
    At home cook
    I have one like it. I would like to know the answer to that question too.

4. brend

brend

Exp:
    At home cook
    too complicated. i dont know how to post a pic. guess I will just keep it in the drawer.

5. boar_d_laze

boar_d_laze

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Posting a pic here is very easy.  Save the picture to your computer.   Open this thread, and choose "Reply" at the bottom of this page, just as you would do to start any post in an existing thread.  Click the "Insert Image" button at the top of the "Reply" frame and follow the instructions.  As long as you know where the pic is stored on your computer you shouldn't have any problems..  If you need more help, one of the mods will help you or -- last resort -- I will.

There's been a few questions asked about "Sword Makers' Guild of Austria" posted on the Blade Forums.  The only responses were from people who had no familiarity whatsoever with the knives and made uninformed guesses that they were junk.

[Sigh]

Post a picture.

BDL