Sweet vegetable recipe?

Joined Aug 11, 2000
Sweet Potatoes with orange zest, bourbon, butter, cream....if you want sweeter add brown sugar or maple syrup/sugar.

Joined Nov 5, 2007
Glazed or candied carrots come to mind.  It has been a while since I've made any, but I think I may have used some real maple syrup in the recipe.

mjb.

Joined Aug 13, 2006
orange, fennel and olive salad - not sugary sweet, no sugar is added, but the oranges are sweet.  the dressing is just oil and salt. 

Joined Mar 9, 2010
Sugar Snap Peas with raw sugar and balsamic...Sweet peaches and cream corn on the cob grilled in husks topped with fresh creamery butter and cilantro......Candied Yams ....Roasted Whole Baby Onions

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
There are some options from the chinese world as well, Carrots glazed with hoisin and a sweetener of choice.

Joined Jun 22, 2010
My favorite carrot glaze is done lightly with a combination of dill, saffron shallots and honey. add a touch of butter. asparagus or parsnips go well with it, young zuchini as well. Morel mushrooms too.

Last edited:
Joined May 5, 2010
Blanched green beans wrapped in bacon then roasted til bacon is crisp. Roast a head of garlic and place the cloves in warm maple syrup and allow to sit. Pour roasted garlic maple syrup over beans to serve

Top Bottom