Sweet Chilli Sauce

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by coulis-o, Nov 6, 2010.

1. coulis-o

coulis-o

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    today at work discovered there was no sweet chilli sauce, and it was on the menu as a condiment for some of the dishes.

my new place of work, i haven't been there more than a week, they buy it ready made.

I check the fridge and dry stores, and no chilli whatsoever, I want to make it fresh but what do I do?

tell you what I did .. I made a basic sweet and sour sauce (more sweet than sour) and added finely diced green and red peppers, added some wasabi and a little white pepper /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smiles.gif

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  2. jrock645

jrock645

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    why not just order a couple bags of peppadews, if you really want to make it?

And honestly, mae ploy is great as is... doubt its really worth the labor expense to make something like that. 

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  3. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    You are better off buying it and just customize it a bit.

4. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef

5. coulis-o

coulis-o

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    made it on the spot with what ingredients were available. no time to order supplies when service is abut to start.

had to utilize and customize what ingredients that were available to make such a sauce.   

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  6. jrock645

jrock645

Exp:
    Sous Chef

fair enough. I guess I just would've sent somebody to the grocery store to buy mae ploy, though.