Swamped in California?

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by mezzaluna, Apr 5, 2006.

1. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I hope our California members are able to stay high and dry! I've been seeing some frightening scenes on TV.

2. phoebe

phoebe

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    How nice of you to ask! I'm fine here in L.A. In fact, we just got back from our trip to Fort Collins, CO, and it's nice to get a taste of some moisture! (also, I love rain :D ). It was way too dry in CO for me.
    How are all you guys in Northern CA?

3. jock

jock

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thank you for thinking of us.

Being in the City we are fine - wet but fine. Across the GG bridge houses are sliding down hillsides as they are a bit south of here too. Over near Sacramento a couple of levies have broken. We're heding out that way on Saturday - my daughter who is a rower has a race at Lake Natoma. The weather people are predicting rain well into next week.

Enough already!!!

Jock

4. neverlookback

neverlookback

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    What a nice gesture. We are in Sacramento with a raft at hand. These next two weeks of storms is going to be a true test of our levees. Our backyard backs to a levee along the Sacramento River... Gulp :eek: At least our Catering Biz is on high ground. But I teach at a local school smack dab in the flood plane.

Chef Pete

5. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Maybe you'll have to start a course in hydroponics for your students. ;)

6. castironchef

castironchef

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    I think that I'm growing gills. Or is it mildew on my neck?

In any case, thanks for asking.

7. botanique

botanique

Exp:
    Other
    Sorry I haven't been checking in lately -- the weather effects our satelite connection therefore our web access. Our six acres is on the Sac river as well (I don't think I'll be hosting that gathering as I had planned -- may I postpone it?). Luckily our island has one of the strongest levies. I am praying for all of us! Today we actually got a break from the rain, and I enlisted some help to take care of the property a bit (husband out to sea so I have to rely on wonderful local friends). Unfortunately it is supposed to start again tomorrow, and continue until Wed. I just feel for those that have been flooded out! If you need to park a camper or something for a few days, send me a PM!