Sushi quirk

Joined Oct 9, 2008
Brown rice: many places around here do offer it. You could ask around--someone is probably offering.

Tuna: of course that's not rude. And since tuna is relatively expensive, I'm sure they'll be delighted to substitute.

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Brown rice: many places around here do offer it. You could ask around--someone is probably offering.

Tuna: of course that's not rude. And since tuna is relatively expensive, I'm sure they'll be delighted to substitute.
Mostly salmon around here, but this is Vancouver so salmon is plentiful and fresh. Brown rice is also common, even in the suburbs.

Joined Oct 9, 2008

Mostly salmon around here, but this is Vancouver so salmon is plentiful and fresh. Brown rice is also common, even in the suburbs.
Interestingly, salmon is a very unusual fish for sushi in Japan. The reason is that it's a partly freshwater fish (anadromous), and so it can pick up parasites. This isn't an issue in the US, because it's frozen a long time, but it's kind of funny that deep-sea fish that almost never have parasites are challenged by the FDA whereas anadromous fish aren't. Oh well.

Joined May 2, 2017
Interesting facts! Never knew that about sushi to be honest! Never tasted real Japanese sushi so I won't be able to notice the difference maybe..

Joined May 2, 2017
I think they plate it so you can eat it from right to left ... but what do I know I'm new to this website haha I'm just saying most people you put the right hand

Top Bottom