Superbowl Food

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by seacoastchef, Feb 4, 2012.

1. seacoastchef

seacoastchef

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I've been asked to host a Superbowl party with expectation of the typical finger foods.  Any thoughts?

2. durangojo

durangojo

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    since you had better get shopping i thought i'd give you a few thoughts...basically the sky's the limit and i don't think foods neccessarily have to 'match', but unless you have a plan, however loose, it has a tendency to get out of hand....so stay focused....there are many different directions to go in...wings are almost always somewhere in the mix...but you don't have to serve the normal buffalo style..you could mix it up and go curried, or chipotle or bourbon bbq.....or maybe just some interesting dipping sauces instead of the typical blue cheese or ranch. ribs are always great as are grilled sausages, brats, kosher hot dogs & sliders. someone here mentioned cubanos which would be good or even long italian style subs(salami, cheese, peppers, pepperoncini etc),chili, potstickers,egg rolls queso dip, lots of chip and dips. cowboy beans, pasta salad...it's all about grazing...grazing for hours.....do make sure you have something for the ladies like a simple raw vegetable tray or fruit or both.....not that we don't like our hot dogs, but since it's a long affair, i would like to see something light and fresh.......

desserts...small finger desserts...brownies, good cookie assortment, bowl of strawberries...that sort of thing...hope this helps......good luck and go giants!

joey

3. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I concur Sista' Joey!  Twist it up a bit.  I myself am not a vegetarian, but I agree that after the first hour or so of munching, something fresh is nice.  Fruit kabobs with a honey and yogurt dip? 

My husband has to work on Sunday, oh shucks, no football? 

I'll be watching the PUPPY BOWL and DVR the game, just for the commercials!!   HA!!!

Let us all know how you do SeaCoastChef...

4. maryb

maryb

Exp:
    Semi pro/retired now
    Keeping it simple this year with several types of sliced sausage, cheeses, veggie tray, assorted dips and chips, breads and spreads if anyone wants a sandwich.

5. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
        Mini Enpanadas, Mexican Egg Rolls, Asian flavored breaded wings, Pizza puffs, peanut butter pretzels. thats enough for us.

6. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I made Huli Huli Chicken (please see my thread in Recipes) and steamed white rice along with stir fried "Asian" veggies (rather than Mac Salad as we would normally have in Hawaii).

7. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Okay, so what did everyone make/serve?