Suggestions for food intolerances!

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by starswithlove, Nov 4, 2014.

1. starswithlove

starswithlove

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Basically, I can't handle eggs or dairy without having a painful reaction. Anyone in my situation? Eating in restaurant is a kind of a pain because almost everything has some form of dairy cheese or milk in it. Thanks for any advice you guys have. ~ love MrMrsSwl

2. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Eat more Asian style. These cultures have a high incidence of lactose intolerance and their cuisine reflects that. You'll still have to watch out for eggs in things like noodles and soups. But there are other forms of noodles wihout the egg. 

3. starswithlove

starswithlove

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    My bf is allergic to certain foods to. He's also intolerant to dairy. ~ love MrMrsSwl

4. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Great advice. I often eat vietnamese food and AFAIK it doesn't involve eggs or dairy. They use rice paper for wrappers, rice noodles, coconut milk, tofu... and on top of that, it's absolutely delicious. 

5. starswithlove

starswithlove

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I love Asian food! Chinese food makes my stomach hurt terribly, though.

~ love MrMrsSwl

6. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    You probably need to identify your food sensitivities much more thoroughly then. Whether it includes soy, wheat and so on. Seems there's more than just dairy and cheese. 

7. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    I agree.  You can't lump all Chinese food into one category either.  You really need to identify what it is that's causing such discomfort.

8. mike9

mike9

Exp:
    Former Chef
    I agree - you can't assume all food sensitivities are native to any  particular cuisine.  You and you're husband/bf might consider professional foods allergy testing.  

9. genemachine

genemachine

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I second Mike there. Get it tested and identified. Pet peeve of mine, there is no such thing as "chinese cuisine". I suppose this refers to americanized chinese, but if you look at the whole picture, things like say, hunanese has very little in common with things like xinjiang.

10. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Maybe she means chinese take out.