SUGAR COOKIES THE INS & THE OUTS

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by jtbosslady101, Jan 7, 2019.

1. jtbosslady101

jtbosslady101

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hey you guys! Trying to perfect my sugar cookie recipe. Some recipes call for more baking powder others call for little. Some call for 2/3 eggs some call for 2 eggs and an extra egg yolk. What are you preferences for your recipe (the why or why nots). Just a lover of baking over here trying to get as close as deliciously perfect as possible! Post pics below! :)

2. CaptainSharpknife

CaptainSharpknife

Exp:
    Line cook
    [​IMG]
    So I made these last week, totally decadent white chocolate cookies. Totally vegan, I used roughly 2 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 5 tablespoons of almond milk and half a cup of Olive oil instead of vegan butter and a few other things. Of course you can use a less flavorful oil like canola but I've found it really give it an amazing richness to the cookie with evoo. Super fluffy and soft. 350 for 9 or 10 minutes!

jtbosslady101 likes this.
  3. jtbosslady101

jtbosslady101

Exp:
    At home cook

I love the idea of the vegan cookie! I have not give it a try! Never thought about using oil instead of butter? Does that do something different to the outcome of the dough? Also your pic didn't post wahh! send to [email protected] i would love to see it!