Stick Blender suggestion

Joined Jul 9, 2014
Hi guys, so my stick blender has broken down and need to buy a new one. What I do not know is what to look for when choosing a stick blender.I need it to be as powerful as possible to achieve velvety textures when puréeing food.

Any pointers guys?

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
Budget will determine a lot of this. As a home cook, my current one is a $40 Kitchenaid. I had a Cuisinart before that for about $30 that lasted about 5 years. Before that it was a $20 Braun that ran more than 10 years.

Now, there are some other caveats. The Braun was a blade only and fixed to the drive shaft, much less to go wrong. The Cuisinart and KitchenAid have swappable tools. Blade and whisk as well as a mini food processor cup system. This is not just the blender cup, but a bowl, blade and lid. The food processor cup is OK for salsa, not OK for hummus. The blade handles hummus well. And the whisk makes a fine meringue or whipped cream. The current Kitchenaid has three speeds but that's pretty gimmicky. The lower speeds only make sense for starting whipping which I don't find to be a killer feature. The Cuisinart turns out to have had a better lock for the attachments. No idea yet on who has the better gears. I think the Cuisinart failed from plastic gears, but I don't know that for a fact. 

If you've got the budget to burn. Robot Coupe is the best from what I've read, full of professional grade goodness, 10-20X the cost of what I've been talking about. 

Joined Jul 9, 2014
Hi, thanks for your reply I thought no one had any clue ... before we move to a brand what do you looks for though in a blender to make a very smooth puree is it the watz? I'd rather have a very powerful one than having one that supports many attachments etc.

I may find Kitchenaid from where I'm from but not cuisineart.

Joined Jul 9, 2014
Holy !"£!%$ I just checked the price of robotcoupe lol I cant afford that !!! it probably costs more than all my equiment lol

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
For smooth puree, the blade and power are the keys. I don't think you'll find much to distinguish them in the low end of the market. Both are decent enough brands I wouldn't fret between them. 

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
Watts. But it's not often a hyped specification in the consumer market for these so you'll have to look carefully at packaging or search out the info online from the manufacturer.

Joined Dec 16, 2010
The bamix immersion blender is terrific, but it doesn't come cheap.  

Latest posts

Top Bottom