Chef Forum banner

Starting something new.

405 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mezzaluna 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone.

I am a new user to ChefTalk and I am looking forward to reading the interesting information that is on this site as well as learning from other professionals.  I am starting a new career as a Personal Chef with a partner and we are very excited to get started.  I am a recent graduate from culinary school but also have lots of experience in entertaining and being an entrepreneur.  

#2 ·
Aloha, Welcome Connie to Chef Talk.

So glad you found us!  This a vibrant and diverse community comprised of folks of varying skill levels.  Don’t miss the Chef’s Garden forum; there is always something interesting growing there. 

I hope that you will post in the general forums as well as in the Professional, Home Cooks such as myself can only read in the Pro section. 

Once you've reviewsed the FAQ and Community Guidelines and you have questions in regards to the site, feel free to let one of us know. 

I think that you’ll find that everyone here are respectful and generous with their knowledge.

I hope to see some of your work in the Galleries soon.

#3 ·
Welcome ChefConnie! Good luck with your new endeavor. I expect you'll be a regular in the Professional Chefs and, perhaps, the Catering Forums to knock around some ideas. This community is an excellent place to do that, risk-free. You'll also make connections with people all over the world so the potential is there for ideas for recipes and techniques galore.

I notice you mentioned having experience as an entrepreneur. Many people who want to start a catering, baking or other food business don't think of it as a business. Rather, they focus on recipes and how delicious their products are. Of course that's very important, but hey- it's a business after all! I'm a home cook and not in a culinary career, but this principle applies in a lot of other fields too. I thought of going independent in my own field but balked because of not wanting to run a small business myself. It's not my forte. You're fortunate to have chops in both areas, so you have a big advantage there as I'm sure you know.

Please take some time to explore the whole site: cooking articles, cookbook and equipment reviews, photo galleries, and much more. The discussion forums are wonderful, but we're more than that alone. We hope to benefit from your participation here and hope you'll visit as often as you are able.

Welcome!

Mezzaluna

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.