Stars Dessert-does anyone own this one?

Joined Mar 6, 2001
It's written by Emily L. (she also did 4-star desserts)....from Stars restaurant. I like her second book 4-star desserts and was thinking about ordering a copy of the first. Any opinions?

Joined May 26, 2001
WdeB: I don't have the books (saw 4-star when it first came out, though), but I know Emily Luchetti a little, from Women Chefs and Restaurateurs. She was president some years back. Anyway, she kind of strikes me as the Sara Moulton of the pastry side -- really solid work, great teacher, and just an all-around nice person. Don't know if this helps you, but I thought I'd pass it along.

Joined Mar 6, 2001
Cool, she does really nice work.......nice to hear someone I admire (professionally) is worth admiration.

Joined Mar 8, 2001
I love the Stars Desserts cookbook. I am only an amateur chef (although an expert eater), and this is one of my favorite cookbooks. You will not be dissapointed. The recipe for lemon squares is priceless (and easy). I had a hard time finding this book, so if you can get a hold of it, I would jump on it.

Joined Jul 11, 2003
It's a tough one to find (it may be out of print), so if you see it, grab it! It's an extraordinary book well-loved by many professionals.

And keep your eye out for a new book by Emily over the next year or two -- this time on ice cream!

Cheers,
Andrew & Karen

Joined Jan 15, 2001
I love this book, one of my first ever pastry books. My lemon bar recipe is actually based on her recipe, and she has other great ideas. Very simple and straightforward.

Latest posts

Top Bottom