st lawrence market torontt

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by corey gatto, Mar 12, 2010.

1. corey gatto

corey gatto

Exp:
    Line Cook
    hey guys i dont know were to post this sry.... i was just wondering if anyone has shopped at the st lawrence market  in Toronto. if so  who is ur fav vendor

2. Guest

Guest Guest

it's a great place for frest produce, meat, fish and cheese - it not the cheapest. i have no favourite vendor but you should go there - it's an adventure.

3. corey gatto

corey gatto

Exp:
    Line Cook
    lol i go every sat i am there by 8 am they open at 5 am andits insane by 8

4. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Moving this from the Welcome Forum to the Late Night Cafe forum.

(Introductions only, please, in this forum. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif)

Mezzaluna

5. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I haven't been in ages but when we lived in TO we would go with the kids sometimes.  Now that we live in Hamilton I do all of my shopping for produce and meat at the Farmers' market here.

6. chefboyarg

chefboyarg

Exp:
    Line Cook
    i threw a redonkulous dinner party while i was attending culinary school there. The biggest pot of pot au feu....ever. I bought all the meat at the St Lawrence Market but forget which vendor it was. Sorry. Either way it beats Kensington in terms of meat and fish, hands down.

7. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Kensington scares me when it comes to cleanliness or lack thereof.  I will shop there for clothing and other household items but that's it..

8. headless chicken

headless chicken

Exp:
    Line Cook
    You can't really go wrong with any of the meat vendors there but I trust at any of the places in the middle of the building (can't remember names) for meats and fish. Produce, I hit the one at the main entrance and another by the West wall. I also hit the St. Lawrence Market for bagels and veal & eggplant parmesan sandwiches.

9. chefboyarg

chefboyarg

Exp:
    Line Cook
    true...it's not really a locavore's haven either. ALTHOUGH it does sport quite a few interesting looking places to eat.