Springform Pans by Kaiser (La Forme)

Joined Aug 11, 2000
I just replaced my old, mover-damaged sprinform pans with La Forme 'leakproof' pans from Kaiser. They're quite nice, however, I noticed that the 'eight inch' pan actually measures seven and a half inches in diameter. (The nine and ten inch pans measure 'as advertised'.) Did I get mislead? Or is my 'eight inch' pan 'defective'? Anyone else run across this?

Joined Mar 6, 2001
If you measure all your pans you discover this size dicrepency in almost all of them. Then occasionaly someone will make a pan exact, so you can sit there holding two 8" pans from two different manufactors and one will fit inside the other literally.

I tried to buy 9" parchement cake cirles for my 9" cake pans. Sounds simple right? Well they measure and cut the parchement exactly to 9" but they don't fit a 9" pan because the pan really is under 9" wide. Rendering the parchment cake cirles useless with-out cutting, which emlinates they practicality of buying precut parchement!

Yek, you can also run into problems with muffin pans and finding liners for them should fit but don't.

Good new is that's normal and continue calling your 7 3/4" pan an 8" pan and work your recipes thru just as always for an 8" pan. But you will need to watch your sizes as the years pass and you buy from other sources so they match up.

Joined Aug 11, 2000
Apparently I've 'missed the obvious' for quite awhile? Either I've never noticed the variety in pan dimensions, or I've had very good luck on getting 'standard' sizes? Anyway, thanks for the feedback. Incidentally, I contacted the Kaiser company and asked why only the '8-inch' doesn't measure as advertised - supposedly I'll have a response by Monday? cheers...

Top Bottom