Spring = Morels

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by emhahn, Apr 17, 2005.

1. emhahn

emhahn

Just wondering if anyone's been out looking and whether or not they've found any..... We haven't had enough rain here in Michigan for them to pop out yet.

Eric
    RestaurantEdge.com

2. abefroman

abefroman

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
  3. keeperofthegood

keeperofthegood

Hey oh

That was an interesting read. Reminds me I need to get over to Burlington this week and have a see. I got 30 in a 4 square foot are last year. Interested to see if they come back this year.... (and if not, I do have a few buckets of fireplace ashes :))

4. ozarkrose

ozarkrose

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Has anyone ever used a proffessional harvester before? What is the legality of hiring someone to harvest "wild" goods (assuming you have rights to be on the property)?

5. hapyegg

hapyegg

Our Restaurant Gets A Lot Of Morels And Sometimes They Have Little Worms In It. It's Pretty Gross!!

6. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    I was at Morel Madness last weekend....found a basket full of mushrooms (none morels), but the other shroomheads found 500 large ones. 4-6" ave.
    I go for the company, morels are not my fav to hunt. That's why I named my catering company Chanterelle Catering. :p

Larry Forgione has bought morels from me and is looking for wild foods....it will be an up and coming venture for STL I'm sure.