Chef Forum banner

Spelt Cracker Recipe

933 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  masseurchef 
#1 ·
Hi, I recently used a very simple recipe to make a sort of cracker, it called for Spelt flour, but I used w.w. flour which still worked. I didn't bother to write down or keep the recipe since I thought I would easily be able to find it, or something very similar to it, later on google. Well, not so much. I can't find anything similar and the search terms are just too vague. Hoping you can help, the recipe only had perhaps 5 ingredients: the flour, cream, butter, salt and egg whites. The method was to melt the butter in the cream, then let it cool, and then mix it with the flour and egg whites. It formed a sort of thick batter that was spread thin on a silpat (I'm guessing parchment paper would also work) and baked until brown and crispy at 375F. I guess I could just do trial and error, but if someone already knows the proportions, that would help a lot! It was something like 154g of flour, 200g egg white...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.