Spell check!!!!!

Joined May 26, 2001
Just noticed this morning that when I make a spelling error, the word gets a special underline! Doesn't show once the post is up (for everyone else to see who's a bad speller) but it lets me know, in case I want to fix it. You can be sure I do; see my sig line. :blush:

And I discovered that if I put my cursor on the word and right-click, I get a menu of possible alternative spellings, and the chance to add the word to my dictionary -- or is it to the ChefTalk dictionary? Quick, somebody type ChefTalk and see if it gets underlined! ;)

But I keep wondering: since spelling is not exactly the strong suit of so many people here, will they get blinded by all those little red dots? :lol:

In any case, a very cool feature! Thanks, Nicko. :D

Joined Aug 29, 2000
I'm not seeing that, Suzanne. Do you have to enable it in some way, or view during "Preview Post"?

I'm a stickler as well after 30 years of grading students' papers and growing up with a mom who was an English teacher. :D She still corrects my grammar. :blush:

Joined Jan 19, 2007
Actually it sounds as if your using the new Firefox browser with the built in spell check.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Nope- still using MSExplorer.
7.gif

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Hmmm.... maybe you need an official Stickler Certification to get functional spell-checking. :lol:

Joined Sep 9, 2005
is it the most recent edition? Cause they've been trying to rip-off firefox, so they probably added in an integrated spell-checker as one of their latest attempts.

Joined Feb 5, 2007
I discovered that little quirk quite by accident a few years ago. I used to go through the whole process of using the spell checker, but it is soooo much easier to do the right click thing. I truly didn't know it was there, and I too am using the old programs.

Top Bottom