Speaking of red zins, how about Shiraz?

Joined Aug 11, 2000
Yep...I'm drinking shiraz and cab as I type.It was Potroast today and I used Rosemont blend with Beef stock and JUST happened to have a couple of glasses left over....

[This message has been edited by shroomgirl (edited 11-09-2000).]

Joined Jul 31, 2000
on a funny note on pot roast. A couple years ago my beloved wife make a great pot roast.It was perfect.the flavor of the stock and wine mingling together was just right.I have a nice little collection of wine,about 300 bottles. I usally have a part of the celler labled for everyday drinking wines.Funny enough they where depleted,Opps anyway my love used a 82 Pichon Lalande to deglaze and build the sauce. I smiled and asked if there was any Pichon left.and yes was the answer you can take a sip from my glass. Well it was the best potroast I ever had

Joined Aug 11, 2000
lol.gif
I've had some incredibly generous friends who love good (actually great) wines.
That sounds like a story to make a winey cringe.....I've been to several dinners where I did not care for "the wine" at the apex of the evening. But on many more occasions I've been at the right place when the corkscrew is going into a treasure. Frankly if they didn't tell me Turley's Zin was a special one I would not have know by the name......now the taste/aroma/mouth feel.....that's a different story.

Top Bottom